Alternate Link Chooser Link Creation
If you would like to create a link and cannot add one using the Link Chooser you can do so using the standard chain link tool found in the second row of the editor.
You will need to get the correct URL to add to the link first. The best way to do this is to create a main menu and copy the link address from the Use Custom URL field.
- Login to your netAdventist Website and select the Dashboard then select the Website Pages tab.
- Select Main Menu from the left navigation bar.
- Select Add Menu Item. Select you page type and page link, either to one content item or an index page. Save it.
- Edit the menu item you just created by selecting the Edit link on the menu.
- Select the Use Custom URL check box so that the field becomes selectable.
- Highlight the URL displayed in the field and copy it or (This is the easiest) you can go to your homepage and select the menu you just created and then copy the URL from the Web address field of your browser.
- Delete this menu item unless you wish to keep it. You may wish to delete it later after the link is created.
Now we need to create the link on a content page where can insert the link you copied from the menu item you created.
- From the Website Pages tab select Content Pages.
- Select the content page you wish to use from the index list. This will open the editor for this content page.
- Place your cursor where you want your link and type in the name of your link.
- Highlight the text and go to the second row of tools and select the Chain Link tool. A dialog box will open.
- Paste the copied URL form the main menu in the URL field provided. You can enter other properties to the dialog box but they are not needed. When done select Insert.
Note: If you are copying from the use custom URL field and if it's an index page just add what you see to your sites existing URL in the chain link dialog box field (Ex. Add /news_entries to your site URL like http://yoursite.adventistfaith.org/news_entries)) or if it's a single piece of content you can add the whole URL shown in the menu. (Ex. Insert the /news/368 into the link field or add to the website URL http://yoursite.adventistfaith.org/news/369).