NOTE: The training videos haven’t been created yet for the new Version 4. The main difference is that Website Pages is now called Site Content.Using the Store
- Sign into your netAdventist site.
- Select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the Home page.
- Select the Store tab from the top of the page.
- The first page shows the Verified Orders index. Once you are using the store, this is where new orders will be displayed.
- Select Sales tax in the left menu. Then click on the Add Sales Tax button on the right. Select your country and then enter either your state or postal Code. Whichever is applicable. Next enter the sales tax rate for your area. Select whether the sales tax applies to shipping or not and enter a sales tax status. Select Save.
- Select Product Categories from the left menu. Select Add Product Category on the right. You will need to add product categories first so you can add products to a category. Think of categories that best suit your products.
- Select Products from the left menu. Select Add Product. Enter name, category, product image, and description. Select whether or not this is a featured product. Give your product a SKU number. This is a unique number associated with your product. The number of products you plan to enter will determine the number of digits in your SKU number. Select Next.
- Give your product a price and select whether it is taxable. Enter a shipping cost and the quantity of products you have available. Select Save.
- Repeat steps 7 and 8 for entering a downloadable product or a donation. A dowloadable product is considered a virtual product like a digital picture, audio file, or a digital document that is not physical. These products can be downloaded by a purchaser once the order payment has been approved.
- Select Settings from the left navigation bar. Enter a contact email. netAdventist 3.0 uses Paypal Express, PayPal Pro or Authorize.net for payment. If you need to create a PayPal Express, PayPal Pro or Authorize.net account. Visit the PayPal or Authorize.net sites and create an account. The email used in the contact email field should be the same as the one for your PayPal or Authorize.net account.
- Once you have created either a PayPal Express, PayPal Pro or Authorize.net account go back to your netAdventist website, select the payment account type created by selecting the button and enter the email and API information from your new PayPal or Authorize.net account in fields provided.
- If you wish, you can create a test account by selecting the Test Mode checkbox. This will allow you to test transactions without making real purchases.
- Enter shipping, return policy and contact information. Select Save.
- Create a store access point by adding it to the main menu, a page link or a widget. Review the instructions for main menu, new page creation, and widgets.
- Once you have linked your store to the front end of your site, select view site and go to the store page. Featured items will always be displayed first. In the right sidebar is a list of your categories and products available. By selecting a product you will be taken to a page displaying that product and the choice to add it to the shopping cart.
- When an order is placed, the transaction will be sent to Paypal or Authorize.net. The transaction will be displayed in the funds verified folder under the Store tab in the Dashboard. Once the payment is verified, approve the product. Once it is approved, an email will be sent to the purchaser stating that their order has been approved.
Note: Payment verification is the responsibility of webmaster or store owner, and not netAdventist.