Q: How do I set-up redirected URLs as a server administrator?
A: Anyone with a question about redirecting a URL should contact netAserve at (301) 584-3100. netAserve manages many netAdventist 3.0 servers and performs URL redirects on those servers. Contact then to see if your site is on a server that they support.
You can have a custom domain name point to your v3 site. There are two ways of doing this.
1) Managed by netAserve
- If you wish to have netAserve manage your DNS.
- You will need to log into your registrar account and change the nameservers that are pointing to 'NS.UNWIREDBB.COM' and 'NS2.UNWIREDBB.COM' (these could be pointing to any different nameservers) to 'NS1.NETASERVE.COM' and 'NS2.NETASERVE.COM'.
- Let netAserve to let them know they can add the necessary A records needed for it to work.
2) Self Managed
- If you want whoever manages your DNS to continue managing it
- Add an A record pointing to this IP address: (The parent site IP address) For Adventistfaith.org (220.127.116.11), netadvent.org - 18.104.22.168, adventistnw.org - 22.214.171.124, lakeunion.org (126.96.36.199), swadventist.net (188.8.131.52), adventist.eu (184.108.40.206), interamerica.org (220.127.116.11), and spdwebministry.org (18.104.22.168)
- If there is email associated to your domain name, there will also need to be MX records pointing to the new site.
- If you choose for netAserve to manage your DNS, you will have to give us the name of the MX record to point to the new site.
- If you choose to continue managing the DNS, the tech person will have to do this.