Watching or downloading audio or video files.
In netAdventist 3.0 you have the ability to listen or watch media files natively on the site. The file types that will play natively are MP3 for Audio and flv and MP4(H.264) for video. These file types will automatically start playing the file in the builtin media player. If you wish to allow people to download files to there computers, you will need to upload the file in a different format. netAdventist 3.0 does allow other file types to be uploaded such as wma and wmv that do not play natively through the netAdventist 3.0 media player. These types of files will be available for download. They usually will open in your computers media player. After they are loaded you can then save the file to your local hard drive.
We recommend uploading one of each file type and having them both be available in a podcast. This way people visiting your site will have the option to either play the file via streaming or download it.
Native File type viewing (Podcast).
- Create a Podcast. See Podcasts in the documents section of the netAdventist home page at (http://www.netadventist.org/documentation) for instructions on how to create a podcast
- Add media files to a new or existing Podcast by uploading one of the recommended file types: MP3 file for Audio or an FLV or MPG4(H.264) for video.
- If you don't already have a menu or a link pointing to the podcast create one. See instructions on creating a menu or adding a link to a content page.
- Select the podcast menu or the link then select the play icon to play the file. The built in player will start either playing the audio or video file.
Native File type viewing (File Library)
- Add a recommended media file to the File Library. For uploading media to the file library see the Media File section of the netAdventist home page at (http://www.netadventist.org/documentation) for instructions.
- Add media files to the File Libary by uploading one of the recommended file types: MP3 file for Audio or an FLV or MPG4(H.264) for video.
- Create a link on a content page to the file in the File Library you wish to view. This can be done by using the Links chooser tool when editing a content page. See Content pages at for (http://www.netadventist.org/documentation) for instructions.
- Select the link on the content page. The built in player will start playing the audio or video file.
Downloading files non-native to netAdventist.
- Follow the same instructions for creating and adding Podcasts and podcast files or creating a File Library link using a non-native file type such as wma or wmv.
- When these file types are select in the Podcast or through a link on a content page you will see a notice stating, "File format is not compatible with current player" with a download link.
- Select the Download link. The file will open in your local media player on your PC and the file will load. Once the file is loaded you can then save it to your PC.
- This usually can be accomplished by going to File then save as. Pick the location for your file and select save.