The Google Maps extension allows creating and customizing Google maps for inclusion across your website, editing a map pointer and description box and provides the option of driving directions for the end user. Google recently changed how people use their products and where you had to get an API key for each feature, including Google Maps. Now you only need to get one API key for all features. Your old key became invalid and the Maps function you have on your homepage no longer works. You can get a new key by following these instructions.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- Sign in to your netAdventist website.
- Select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the homepage. You will be taken to the Site Content page.
- If the Google Maps in Extensions hasn’t been activated, select the Settings tab at the top of the page, then Extensions and Activate Google maps.
- From Settings choose Google Features from the left Navigation bar.
- Scroll down for instructions about Google APIs. Fill in the information and click Save.
- Select the Site Content tab in the upper left, then Google Maps in the left navigation bar. Select the button on the right side Add a new Google Map. Fill in the information and click Save. You can choose a new location by selecting the Add a new Google Map button again.
- Go to Content Pages (or Home) in the left navigation bar. Select Edit next to a content page in the index.
- To insert a map place your cursor in the location you wish to put the map and select the Google Map Chooser icon on the top row of tools in the Editor. A dialog box will open. Check the correct box for the map you wish to display and press the Insert button.The dialog box will disappear revealing the map placed on the page. Select Save to finish.
- Select the Preview link to see what your new map looks like on the page. Google maps can also be added to menus. See the Main Menu training video if you need further instructions.