You are able to add multiple web addresses to your site that can be used to access the site. The web addresses are referred to as URL's. There is a primary URL and there are secondary URL's. The primary URL is the one that will show in the web address field no matter which of the secondary URL's is used to get to your site. The secondary URL's are alternate custom URL addresses that can be entered to access your site.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select the Settings tab from the horizontal menu at the top of the page.
- Setup Details appears. Enter your Site Name in the first field. This is the name that will appear at the top of your homepage. This field can be updated at any time on your site.
- There are additional optional fields.
- The Description allows the information provided to appear just below the name of your site in smaller print.
- In the Keywords field, provide words to be used by search engines to help people find your site.
- Select Save.
- Select Website URLs, the second item in the left navigation bar. The original URL that appears here is your default URL. Add any additional URLs (web addresses) that you use to access your site and select the + button. This can be repeated if necessary. To make a URL primary, select the bullet in front of the URL. Now when someone enters one of the secondary URL's they will be redirected to the primary url and that will be the one shown in the web address field in their browser when the site is accessed. Secondary URLs can be deleted. The Primary URL cannot. To delete a primary URL you must first select another to be the primary. Leave the original default netadventist URL in the list so you can revert to it as primary if you wish to delete your custom ones. To delete secondary URL's check on the X. Select the OK button if you want to permanently delete the URL. For more information about custom domains for your netAdventist website, go to http://www.netaserve.com/, scroll down to the bottom and select the Domain Registry button. Each custom domain URL should have the option with and without the www. listed in your settings.