Inserting videos with the Video Chooser.
When inserting videos into content pages in version v3 you can set the video, dimension or resolution, by entering in the size while inserting the video. Keep in mind that the bigger the video window the lower the resolution will be and it will increase the time it take for user to load and play the video. V3 accepts flv(flash) and mp4 (h.264) video formats and there is a size limit of approximately 150mb for video uploads.
Here are the steps
- Sign in to your netAdventist website.
- Select the Dashboard link at the bottom of the homepage.
- Select the Website Pages tab at the top of the page.
- The homepage preview is displayed by default. Select the Edit link at the top of the page in the preview. Or you can select Content Pages and choose one of those to edit by selecting one.
- Place your cursor where you what to place your photo. If you fail to place your cursor the photo you are inserting will appear at the top of the page.
- Select the Video Chooser tool in the top line of tools 4th from the end. A Dialog box opens.
- Either upload a new video by choosing the upload tab and then browse for a new video and upload and insert it or choose a video that is already in the list by selecting the check box in front of the video and then select your video size by enter it's dimensions then select Insert.
- To adjust the inserted video size, alignment or dimensions either select the whole image and drag the corners to the correct size or select the Insert/Edit Imagetool in the second row of tools. Even though a video isn't an image, alignment and dimension will be adjust here. Note the image tool will be highlighted after you select the image. I dialog box will open giving you the choice to set the parameters including number of pixels height and width.
- Select Update when finished and then Save for the content page.
Note: keep in mind that you have the ability to enlarge or reduce a video once it is inserted. You will lose resolution if you enlarge a small video so insert a larger video and reduce it to size by selecting the video and use the edge marks to reduce the video to size. This will avoid pixalization. Also once a pic is inserted you can select it and use the insert/edit image tool from the second row of the editing tools.