You can add multiple blogs with commentable posts to your netAdventist website.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab. If you haven't already activated Blogs in Extensions, you will need to go to Settings and activate them. See the Extensions training video for further instructions if needed.
- Select Blogs from the left navigation bar.
- You will be taken to the Overview folder in the dropdown. This is where you make new Blog folders.
- Select the Create a Blog button in the top right of your screen.
- A new window opens. Fill in the New Blog Title and select the Create Blog button. The Blog Settings page is displayed.
- Enter a Description for your blog and create your templates for the Blog and Posts pages. The default template will automatically be chosen unless you change the settings here. See the Templates training video for further instructions on creating a template if needed. Select Save at the top or bottom right of the page.
- Select the Add a Post (or New post) button in the top right corner. This will add an entry into your new blog folder you just created. Enter a Title for this post and add the body of your post. Notice that you have a full editor to work with, the same editor as in content pages. See the TinyMCE Editor training video for further instructions on how to use the editor if needed.
- Choose a Summary option. Select “Use Full Post” if you wish to display the whole post body or select “Create a custom summary for this post” if you wish people to see something different
- We will explain the Categories once the post has been completed.
- Scroll to the bottom of your new post page and add Tags. Tags are helpful when searching through posts when you have a lot of them. You can have the same tags in several posts within the same blog folder. You don't have to add tags unless you feel you’re going to have a lot of posts in each blog folder.
- You can add another Author for your post.
- Choose to allow comments to your post or not. This setting allows you to either have an interactive blog or simply a read only blog. See the Comments training video for further instructions if needed.
- You can insert a photo if you want.
- You can select Publish to create your entry or Save as Draft. You are taken to the Blog folder index view.
- To add a category, select the Categories folder from the left navigation bar under Blogs. Select the Add a Category button from the top right of your screen. Add the Name and Description, then select the button Add category. You can go back and select a previously created blog folder from the left navigation bar. Select a post, and then select Edit. Scroll down and select a Category. When finished, select Publish Changes.
- Option 1 for displaying your Blog. You can use a menu item or a link on a content page using the Link Chooser icon to access the blog page and blog posts. For further instructions see the Main Menu and/or TinyMCE Editor training videos.
- Option 2 for displaying your Blog. You can access blogs with a widget. In this example we will add a Blog Posts widget to the homepage. In the homepage editor, scroll down to Widgets change. Choose a container and choose from Blog Posts or Blog Tags. Note: You will need to have tags on your blog posts to be able to use the Blog Tags widget. The Blog Tags widget will show all tags from the blog folder you select. For further instructions see the Widgets training video. These widgets require editing to display properly which includes selecting the blog you want to post. Select Done and Save and Return.
- Select View Site and scroll down to see the Blog widgets. There is an example Blog Tags from a different blog folder. Now select the Blog Post you created. You will be taken to the blog folder where you will see the post added and a comments field if commenting is allowed for this Blog post. By default all blog entries are public.