Google Analytics can be added to your netAdventist site to collect data and view website traffic.
NOTE: These instructions have not been updated. netAdventist is moving away from Google tool options in favor of open source tools that don't require usage fees, API keys and/or tracking ID's to continue to use those products. Customers can continue to use Google Analytics but will need to migrate their Universal Analytics property settings to Google Analytics 4, or will begin to lose data on July 1, 2023.
The new training video hasn’t been created yet for this feature.
- If you haven't already done so, Log in and go to the Dashboard. You are taken to the Site Content tab.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Choose the Google Features from the left navigation bar.
- Step 1. Select the link Go to the Google Analytics website (http://www.google.com/analytics) with a right click and Open link in New Tab. You will be taken to the Google Analytics setup page where you can create a Google Analytics account. Note: Google changes their buttons for signing up and accessing your Analytics data periodically so the process may not be exactly as described here.
- Select the Start For Free button on the upper right. Then on the next page select Sign Up. This is Step 2 of the analytics setup in your netAdventist Google Features. This is where you set up Analytics for a New Account. If you already have a Google account, select the Sign in button, then Analytics in the drop down. You will be taken to your Analytics page. Instructions for how to change your URL to your existing site or how to add a new URL and get a new tracking ID for a new site will be at the end of these instructions.
- You will need to add the Google analytics HTML code (Global Site Tag) to each page on your site to collect data for that page. Copy the code with Ctrl "C" or by right clicking with your mouse and then select Copy. Start with your homepage. Go to the Site Content tab and select Home, then Edit.
- In the Editor above the area to add content select the tool that has the letters HTML on it.
- The editor will show the HTML script for your page. Put your curser on the very top line and press enter. In the space you provided at the top of the script paste with Ctrl "V" your Google HTML code into the field. Select Update, then select Save.
- You can repeat the same process for content pages that you would like to get analytical data for.
- To view your analytical data go to analytics.google.com and sign in to your Personal Info page using your Google email sign on if you’re not already logged in. You will be taken to your Google analytics data page. Note: Google states that it will take up to 24 hours for your data to start showing.
- To obtain your tracking URL once you’ve logged on to your Google Analytics page, select the All Website Data in the top left of the page. Select the diamond shaped Tag Manager icon and follow the instructions to change your site URL without having to change the code.
- To add additional URLs once you’ve logged in to your Google Analytics page, select Admin on the lower left of your Google Analytics page then select the + Create Property link and add an additional website name and the site’s URL then select Get Tracking ID to get the new tracking code. Copy and paste the new code into your additional site.