Why do I get a message when I register for a second site membership on another site?
When you select Register to be a member on a second site on the same server, you will get a message stating: "Already a member of another site? Request membership to this site. 1 error prohibited this user from being saved. There were problems with the following fields: Email has already been taken." What this message is stating is that you are already a member to a site on this server. Your account is already there. You don't need to set it up again. Here's what you do to get access to the new site:
- Select the link Request membership to this site. Enter your existing email account from your other site and enter your password. Select the Request Membership link.
- Your account is created. The account is not active on this site yet. It must be approved by the site administrator for that new site. Once the site is approved you will receive an email stating your account has been approved with a link in it. Select the link. You will be taken to a page to set a password for this site. Note: If you are given access to more than one netAdventist website on the same server using the same email, you will use the same password as well. Remember to change your password regularly to protect your user identity. Select Submit.
- You are taken to the site’s home page. Sign in using your user account, the same now for this site as the other sites you have access to. Select the Login button.
For Site Administrators
The site administrators will also see a message after selecting Add new user on the user admin screen when that user account is already on the server. The difference is netAdventist assumes that since a site administrator is entering the account the account has already been approved. Be sure to scroll down and choose an Access Group for the user. The message you will see when entering a user account when you select Add Profile on the user admin screen in the dashboard is: "This user already has an account, please click Add Profile again to invite this user to your site.”
Here's what you do to grant access to the account you are trying to create:
- Select the Add Profile button again. The Add User screen closes returning you to the index page.
- The new user will appear in the list of the Invitations folder in the left navigation bar. At this point an email has been sent to the email for the new user account. Now the recipient must answer the message by selecting the link in the message.
- When the email link is selected, the user will be taken to the login screen where they can use their existing password and the user account will move from the invitations folder to the active folder. If they don't remember it, you can send them a set password email by editing their account in the active folder. Select the Reset Password link.